Saturday, March 9, 2013

Breaking bad


...Watching this movie made me think, again: how many people out there really, honestly, genuinely believe that doing certain things - like using drugs - is horribly dangerously morbidly wrong, not just 'illegal' as others may feel (in that 'mostly okay but officially discouraged' kind of way). And also - how many others honestly believe that suicide or killing is always 'not an option', that it is always the bad thing to do.

I think that I never had much respect for people who say that certain things just are, universally good or universally evil, regardless of the context.

If someone has that imaginary line that divides good and bad just like that -  I don't trust that someone, and I don't like him. Every mental line I have is pretty much blurred - I'm extremely shortsighted so this is to be expected, right?

And that is why I don't like religion. Religion is basically there to provide those sharp lines that mark segments of life with tags. I don't like religious people because I believe their judgement is unfair and inaccuratre. It might have been useful set of judgement material, in a sense that at least it was good enough to help religious people to live on and propagate - but still inaccurate and discriminating - objectively speaking.

It's funny how even today some people just believe certain things. They have no proof, no data - they just believe shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment